- This privacy statement explains how we process your data, when we did with it and how you can request that we erase your data.
- Capetown-Rio Inc takes privacy seriously and protects any information you provide when using this website.
Our Mail Address
- Where in the World is Kate?
- Registered Address: 14205 SE 36th St, Bellevue, WA 98006
- You can also reach us by using the Contact Us section of the website or info(at) capetownrio.com
If you no longer want to receive communications from Capetown-Rio Inc., or you disagree with our reasons for contacting you, you can contact us at Contact Us.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We will ask for your personal data when you purchase one of our products from our stores or when you sign up to receive one of our newsletters. Let’s look at each so that you have a better understanding of the capture and why.
- For example, we will ask for your name, shipping address email and other contact information. We will also need to ask for your payment information so that we can process your transaction. Amazon collects payments. If you donate, this information is collected securely by PayPal and uses your PayPal account. Again, you have already agreed to PayPal’s terms to have a PayPal account.
- Newsletter sign-up: We will ask for your name, email address, and other contact information. If you sign up for one of our newsletters, we collect the data using Mail Chimp who stores it securely, so that we can send you our newsletter and, where possible, to customize the information you receive.
For example, if you tell us that you are interested in daily topics, you will see articles as soon as they are live on the site. If you choose weekly or monthly alerts, you will receive a weekly or monthly summary of the post.
Why Do We Capture Your Personal Data?
- Product purchase: If you purchase one of our products, Amazon needs to know enough about you to fulfill your order. For example, we need your shipping address to be able to send you a physical product.
- Newsletter sign-up: We capture the data that we need to send you our newsletter and, where possible, to customize the information that you receive. For example, if you tell us that you are interested in current topics, we might send you our daily alert and additional related content, weekly and monthly summaries.
- Donations: We capture the data that we receive securely using PayPal, and your existing account provides and stores your information – we do not store financial information from anyone for any reason.
What is Our Legal Reason for Asking for Your Data?
In some countries, we must have a specific reason to ask you for – and to store and process – your personal data. Following is the legal reasons that we ask for your personal data.
- Product purchase: We ask for your data as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Newsletter: We ask for your explicit legal consent.
If you no longer want to receive communications from Capetown-Rio Inc., please unsubscribe from our newsletter by Opting out or change the frequency you receive the newsletter.
Who Has Access to the Data that We Collect About You?
We use 3rd parties to assist with our data processing. Following is a list of the partners that process some or all of the data that you provide to Capetown-Rio Inc.
- Product purchase: PayPal and Amazon
- Newsletter sign-up: Mail Chimp
These 3rd party data processors are only allowed to use your data for the purposes that we designate, and you agree to by signing up for accounts through them.
How Long Do We Keep the Data that You Provide?
The length of time that we keep your personal data depends on the reason data captured.
- Product Purchase: 10 years, for tax and accounting purposes.
- Newsletter: Until you ask us to remove you from our newsletter list.
If legal authorities request your data, for a legal case, we reserve the right to keep your data until resolution to the situation is reached.
Our EU visitors have specific rights with regards to how their data is used. However, we will honor these rights for all visitors to our website, regardless of where they live.
Your rights include:
- Access: We will let you know what data you have about you if you ask.
- Rectification: We will fix any mistakes regarding your data.
- Erasure: We will honor your request to erase your data.
- Restrict processing: You can ask us to restrict how your data is processed.
- Data portability: We will give you a copy of your personal data if you ask.
- To object: You can object to how we use your data.
- The rights or the right about automated decision making and profiling.
To exercise any of these rights, you can Contact Us.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
Regardless of the initial reason that you had for giving us your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. To do this, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link in our email communications.
Alternatively, you can send an email to Contact Us.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998
If we receive a complaint, according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, related to content that you have posted on WWK website, we may be required to share your personal data with the copyright holder.
Please be aware that any content that you post on Capetown-Rio Inc. is a public site and viewed by anyone who accesses our website.
Sale of Business
Nothing on this website should be considered medical advice. Always consult a doctor before making any changes to your diet, medical plan, or exercise routine. Likewise, we do not offer legal or financial advice.
© Capetown-Rio Inc dba Where in the World is Kate, and Katherine Green Art, All Rights Reserved
Last updated: June 6, 2018
Capetown-Rio may change this policy without any prior notice by updating this page? You are advised to check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of the latest policy.